Sunday, January 26, 2014

Flurries and Sleet and Ice - Oh My!

WHAT??? 

Snow flurries, ice and sleet are predicted for the coast on Tuesday and Wednesday. Good thing I've been too lazy to get the garden ready for planting. I usually plant English peas and onions during January but if I had, they would get killed for sure in the storm heading our way. Since Easter is late this year, I might be able to have fresh peas and spring onions for dinner if I get the planting done in the next 7-10 days. My vegetable garden is 16' x 4' and about 12" high. I need to add another 4x4 around the sides this year and raise it a little more. I get a year older, the veggie bed gets a timber higher - funny how that works out.

Taken in October 2013 after the last summer harvest

My garden angel

No comments:

Post a Comment